Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
The Next Generation of Video Analytics Software
The AISight™ Cognitive Video Analytics™ software takes visual input from either a live camera or recorded video, learns what activities and behaviors are normal, and generates real-time alerts that notify appropriate security personnel of potentially threatening behaviors. Unlike rules-based video-analytics software, the intelligent AISight solution identifies threats and behaviors that were not previously defined or anticipated, and it does so with fewer false positives. In test after test, AISight has achieved a false-positive rate and overall accuracy previously unseen in the video-analytics industry.
Cognitive Video Analytics Learns Just Like You and Me
As mentioned, the use of vision analytics algorithms in the area of video surveillance is not new and using the concepts around the cognitive sciences (the study of how the human brain functions) in the development of technology has been applied in many different applications and industries. However, creating an interconnection between vision analytics and a system that emulates the cognitive process, utilizing various machine intelligence and machine-learning technologies, represents a breakthrough for the video surveillance industry. A cognitive-based video analytics system is not only equipped with the ability to “see” better but also to “learn,” “remember,” and “make observations” much like a human brain. A cognitive-based video analytics system constructs its own understanding of the world it is observing by evaluating the patterns of activity for any given environment over time. A "mental model" is then created for each scene to make sense of observed activities. Learning is achieved by continuing to adjust the mental models to interpret and alert on new activities as they occur, within the context of previous activities. Thus, a cognitive-based system creates an understanding of what is seen through a camera’s field of view and establishes what it determines to be normal for any given environment. It is therefore able to alert on activity it determines to be abnormal.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
- The picture gallery address is: http://pics.imf-electronics.com (or pic, or pictures).
- It doesn't matter how many pictures you send, but don't forget to attach them! A picture gallery will be automagically created.
- It would be nice if everybody uses the same tags. For example, I suggest ((tags: brand, model, location)). "brand" and "model" could be a list, for example: ((tags: Quad, IMF, Quad 405, IMF RSPM, London UK)). The the "forsale" tag if needed.
- The posts are moderated. Please be patient until I publish them.
- Email me for any edit you want me to edit an entry (eg. change the forsale tag by sold).
- Display older message by pressing "Older" until the address ends with /p<digit>
- Change the number after the /p to something large, like /p999, press the [ENTER] key
- Press the "Refresh" link.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
This is fantastic, a major improvement from Google, a whole new Internet search experience